Saturday, August 6, 2011

Swing Dancing (aka the best way to meet gorgeous men)

If you're anywhere near Baltimore, you have to check this place out.  It's called Charm City Swing (http://www.charmcityswing.com/).  It's a giant warehouse tucked in the corner of Union Avenue.  It's actually kind of impossible to find, but once you figure it out you realize it was worth driving around the same block for half an hour.  The warehouse is a little seedy and has this total underground, speakeasy feel to itself which makes the whole experience kind of sexy.  Every Monday and Friday night from 9 to midnight it gets packed with social swing dancers.  There is a $5 beginner lesson before the dance for those who have never swing danced before.

Let me tell you, this place was a blast.  It was exactly what I needed.  I went by myself, but instantly felt a part of the group.  The dancing is social and there is no pressure whatsoever.  It gave me way less anxiety than going out to a bar.  I didn't feel like anyone was trying to pick me up or anything.  And yet, the whole thing was totally flirty.  I felt like I may have gotten some of my game back!  ;-)

There are some seriously incredible dancers that come to these things too.  Even if you're not dancing for a little while, it's still a total blast to watch the seasoned pros go at it.  There was this one guy...  The way he moved his body had me speechless.  I was a little too much of an awkward beginner to be able to stand a chance dancing with him.  So....  new goal:  Get good enough at swing dancing to knock this guy's socks off!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this type of information with us. check this website
    play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete